When I first starting hearing about gluten free Oreos, I simply could not find them in any local stores. I don’t know if they weren’t being stocked yet or if they were selling out. My mom could find them in her area, less than 100 miles away, but we could not find them here. Of course, if you can’t get your hands on some gluten free Oreos, you can use another gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie such as Glutino. I was finally able to get my hands on gf Oreos and I instantly made a no bake cheesecake.
No Bake Cheesecake with Gluten Free Oreo Crust
This cheesecake is fairly easy to make and will need to be refrigerated several hours or overnight.
* 25 gluten free Oreos, crushed in a food processor or by hand in a large zippered bag
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
* 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
1. Stir melted butter into crushed Oreos and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Pop it in the freezer for ten minutes to set.
2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
3. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
4. Spread cheese mixture on top of Oreo crust. Wrap with food safe wrap and refrigerate overnight.